Sunday, July 5, 2009

When life gives you peaches.......

....you get to make some yummy dishes. We picked up some fresh Ontario peaches at the farmers market last weekend and here is what I did with them.

I grilled them.

Fruit is so good grilled. I cut each peach in half and grilled them flesh side down over medium heat on the BBQ. I flipped them when they had nice grill marks and were a bit soft. Then I topped them with a pat of butter and some brown sugar. Then I let them continue to grill for about another 5-7 minutes. Just until they were nice and tender.

I served them with vanilla icecream ontop. Man alive was it good.

This morning for breakfast I had a few grilled peaches leftover so I chopped them up (without the skin) and add them into my waffle batter. Delish.

1 comment:

Samantha G said...

The waffle batter idea sounds Fan. Tast. Tic.!!!