Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Chocolate Stuffed French Toast

I have had my eye on this recipe for years and finally decided to make it Christmas morning. I would eat this every morning if I could. Seriously.

Pepper added by Joey - I would hurt him if he even tried to add some

Ingredients
1 loaf of italian bread (something nice and thick)
1 Jersey milk bar
3 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Cut thick slices of bread from the loaf
2. Insert a sharp knife through the top crust of the bread. Carefully cut almost all the way through the bread (making a mini pocket) to the opposite crust. Wiggle the knife around to make the pocket
3. Gently insert a square of chocolate into the pocket (don't let it break through the bread)
4. In a pie plate beat the eggs, milk and vanilla
5. Dip each slice of bread in the mixture, turning to dip both sides (don't let it soak)
6. Over medium heat cook the stuffed french toast until golden brown on both sides
7. Dust with icing sugar and serve with maple syrup

I went through 2 slices of bread that I broke through. Other than that I just took it slow and was able to make the pockets without a problem. Next time I plan on adding in banana with the chocolate.

No comments: