Pepper added by Joey - Nadda
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg yolk
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a bowl beat brown sugar, margarine, vanilla, egg yolk with an electric mixer on medium speed. Stir in flour and salt.
3. Shape dough into 1 inch balls
4. Place onto a cookie sheet and press thumb into the center of each cookie (do not press all the way through)
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown
6. Remake the indentations with the end of a wooden spoon if necessary
7. Remove from cookie sheet to a wire rack
8. Fill each with jam
The recipe called for the cookies to be coated in egg white and then rolled in chopped nuts prior to baking but as a personal preference I omitted this step.