Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bourbon Chicken

I have no clue why this is called bourbon chicken but it is hella good. If you want something tangy I would pick this one over the orange chicken I made a few weeks ago.

Pepper added by Joey - 2 shakes (but hey he at least tasted it first before he added it).


*** picture borrowed from Amber's Delectable Delights because my camera died and I had no batteries on hand.

Ingredients
2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1-2 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/4 teaspoon ginger
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup apple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce

1. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned. Remove chicken.
2. Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium heat until well mixed and dissolved.
3. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.

I served it over rice with steamed broccoli.

No comments: