I bought buttermilk for a recipe and I can't remember what it was for. Perhaps for something I was going to make and then decided not to. Who knows. So now I have some to use up. I asked the girls what to make with buttermilk and the consensus was pancakes. Joe was apprehensive because he had no clue what buttermilk would taste like. I enjoyed them, Joe preferred the "regular" version of them.
Pepper added by Joey - ummmm gross
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, buttermilk, and melted butter.
3. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, all at once, and whisk just until combined. Make sure you do not over mix the batter or the pancakes will be tough.
4. Heat a frying pan or griddle over medium high heat.
5. Pour about 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto the pan, unless you want them bigger - which we did :)
Note: Ours made 5 pancakes about this big ::makes circle with hands::