These potatoes were unreal. So creamy and good. It is completely worth the amount of time it takes to make them (total of 75 minutes in the oven and about 15 minutes of prep).
It can be annoying trying to get the potato "meat" out of the skins without ruining them so I used a small spoon and took out small chunks instead of trying to scoop it all out at once.
Pepper added by Joey - None! (which is a small miracle considering he always puts pepper on potatoes)
2 large baking potatoes
4 slices bacon
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup shredded marble cheese, divided
2 green onions, sliced, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and bake the potatoes for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile cook the bacon in a pan until crisy. Allow to cool and then break into small pieces.
3. When potatoes are done allow to cool for 10 minutes.
4. In a small bowl mix sour cream, milk, butter, salt, peper, half of the cheese and half of the onions.
5. Cut the potatoes down the center lengthwise. Scoop out the "meat" and add to the bowl with the other ingredients.
6. Mix well then mash up.
7. Add the mixture back into the potato skins. Top with the remaining cheese, onions and the bacon.
8. Place back in the over for another 15 minutes.
***Note - simply omit the bacon if you want a vegetarian version.