Pepper added by Joey - none at first, but a little bit in his second serving
1 large potato, peeled and diced
1/2 cup spanish onion, chopped
3/4 cup celery, chopped
3/4 cup carrots, chopped
3/4 cup broccoli
1/4 cup mushrooms, quartered
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup cream (I use half and half)
2 tablespoons butter/margarine
Pinch dried sage
Pinch dried basil
1/2 teaspoon thyme
4 cups diced chicken (I use chicken breast)
1. Dice chicken and cook until no longer pink (or you could use leftover roasted chicken). Remove from pan.
2. Add onion, celery, carrots, broccoli to pan and cook until the onions are soft (about 5 minutes).
3. Flour into pan and stir in well cooking or 3 minutes.
4. Add chicken back into pan
5. Add chicken stock in thirds. Bring to a boil then turn the heat down to low.
6. Cook until sauce thickens then add cream.
7. Bring to a simmer and then add salt and pepper.
8. Add to pie plate and then place the pie shell on top.
9. Cook for 30-35 minutes at 375F. Broil on high for a few minutes to brown the crust (if required).
10. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.