1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 medium clove garlic , minced
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon basil
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 pounds of ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1. Heat the oven to 375F.
2. Cover a broiler pan (or you could use a baking sheet) with tinfoil and cut holes in it for the fat to drain through.
3. Heat butter in a skillet and add onions and celery. Cook until brown.
4. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
5. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
6. Whisk eggs in a bowl. Add soy sauce, mustard, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. Add the onion mixture.
7. Add ground beef to the mixture. Mix thoroughly with your hands.
8. Transfer the meat to the broiler pan and form into a long rounded rectangle (or whatever shape you want).
9. Bake for 45 minutes. Add glaze to the top and put back in the oven for 15 minutes.
10. When done remove from oven and turn broiler on high. Add more glaze to the meatloaf and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
1. Add all glaze ingredients into a small saucepan and heat until thick.
2. Remove from heat
Tuesday, February 26, 2008