I like to try out new recipes for chicken parmesan so far this is the 3rd one I have tried and I think its my favourite so far. Although the one I made over the holidays is a close second.
Pepper added by Joey - It's pasta - it always gets pepper.
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper
1 large egg
1 tbsp water
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Heat bread crumbs in a pan for 10 minutes - stirring frequently
2. Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese.
3. Heat oven to 450F.
4. Dry chicken on paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
5. Add flour to a shallow dish. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper.
6. Add egg to a second shallow dish.
7. Add bread crumb and parmesan cheese mixture to a third shallow dish.
8. Dredge chicken in the flour, then egg then bread crumb mixture.
9. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and spoon pasta sauce over each piece of chicken. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
11. Return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
12. Serve with pasta and garlic bread.