Strawberries were onsale so I decided to make some muffins. This recipe is good but a bit bland(not enough strawberry flavour). Next time I will add a bit of strawberry jam to the batter, or mush up a banana and add or even let the strawberries sit for a bit to let the juices release before adding them in.
Pepper added by Joey - None - even though pepper and strawberry are supposed to be awesome together.
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup white sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a small bowl, combine oil, milk, and egg. Beat lightly.
3. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Toss in chopped strawberries and stir to coat with flour.
4. Pour in milk mixture and stir together.
5. Fill muffin cups. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the tops bounce back from the touch.
6. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans.