Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Pulled Pork Sandwich

I made this last year and it did not turn out as I would have hoped it would. I used a boston butt cut of meat that time. This time I used porkloin and found a new receipe for cooking it.

Pepper added by Joey - None of the sandwich, some to his baked beans



Ingredients
2 pork tenderloins (one pack the comes with 2 in it)
1 bottle of rootbeer
1 bottle of bbq sauce
1/2 medium onion, sliced
Hamburger buns

1. Season pork loin with salt and pepper and brown on all sides in a skillet.
2. Add pork loin to the crockpot. Cover with enough rootbeer to fully cover the pork loin.
3. Slice onion and add to the crockpot.
4. Cook on low for 6-7 hours (I left mine in for 8 and it was fine)
5. Remove pork from crockpot and pull apart with forks.
6. Heat BBQ sauce adding a bit of the rootbeer from the crockpot.
7. Place pulled pork and onions in a large bowl. Pour bbq sauce over top. Mix well.
8. Place on a bun and serve.

No comments: