Saturday, April 26, 2008

Chicken Spaghetti

I've been thinking of making this from awhile. Pioneer Woman makes it looks/sound so yummy but something also didn't sit right with me about it. I decided to give it a while anyways and I was not disappointed at all. Delish.

It takes forever to make so I would recommend making it when you have leftover chicken or turkey that you are looking to use up. I made a few changes to the original recipe because it seemed like a lot of onion compared to the other ingredients, plus Joey hate pimentos so I subed in red peppers instead.

Pepper added by Joey - about this I-----I much



Ingredients
2 cups cooked chicken
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 cups grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely diced green pepper
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1/4 cup finely diced red pepper
3 cups dry spaghetti, broken into half
2 cups reserved chicken broth from pot
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Add chicken to a pot of water. Allow to cook for 35-45 minutes (check to see that chicken is fully cooked).
2. Pull chicken out of the water and allow to cool slightly.
3. Place spaghetti in the water the chicken was cooked in and allow to cook until al dente. Drain.
4. Pull apart the chicken into small pieces.
5. In a large bowl combine chicken, all vegetables, spaghetti and soup.
6. Stir to combine all ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add in 2 cups of cheese and continue to combine.
8. Add small bits of the chicken stock at a time to help with the stirring. In the end you should have added between 1 and 2 cups (I added just over 1 cup).
9. Add ingredients into a greased casserole dish and cover with remaining cheese.
10. Cook in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.

No comments: