I had a roast in the freezer and wanted to try a new way to cook it. I am all about the slowcooker so I pulled it out and found a recipe that sounded yummy. The only thing I would do differently next time is put the rub on the roast first and then brown it in the pan. The roast was good as is, but I didn't like that it didn't "crispen" up on the top, the rub just sat up there.
Pepper added by Joey - few shakes
Roast beef (whatever kind/cut you have/want)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons cracked black peppercorns
1/2 cup chopped herbs (rosemary, thyme and tarragon)
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1/2 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
1 cup beef stock
1. Season beef with salt and pepper.
2. Mix mustard, peppercorns, herbs and garlic in a bowl and rub all over the roast.
3. Pan sear all sides of the roast over medium high heat.
4. Place in the crockpot. Pour wine and beef stock over top.
5. Add as many carrots and potatos as you want to the crockpot.
6. Turn onto low for 7-8 hours.