Friday, April 4, 2008

Tztaziki Sauce

Dare I say this is even better than a greek restaurant. I can't wait to use up all the leftovers of this recipe.

Pepper added by Joey - none

Ingredients
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup cucumber , peeled, seeded, and diced fine
Dash table salt
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 small garlic cloves , smashed

1. Place yogurt in a fine mesh strainer or in 3 coffee filters. Allow to sit for 30 minutes to allow all liquid to drain out of the yogurt.
2. Dice cucumber and place in a strainer covered with lemon juice and salt. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
3. Mix drained yogurt and drained cucumber with garlic.

2 comments:

kylee said...

I love tzatziki - I also add a bit of fresh mint to mine.

Otherwise yours is a lot like my recipe!

mbc said...

I just made this last night ... delish! I brought it on a chicken sandwich for lunch today, and want to try it with roast beef tonight.