Mmmmm sooo good. After a case of a "missing" chocolate mint bar I had to come up with something else to do with this dough and what goes better than peanut butter and chocolate. Not much!
Pepper added by Joey - this is a dumb question
3/4 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the sugar, butter and water, stirring occasionally until melted.
2. Remove from heat, stir in the chocolate chips until melted and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. 3. Pour the chocolate mixture into a large bowl, and beat in the eggs, one at a time.
4. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the chocolate mixture.
5. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
7. Grease cookie sheets. Roll cookie dough into walnut sized balls and place 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
8. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, be careful not to overbake.
9. When cookies come out of the oven, allow to sit for 1 minute and then spoon a dab of peanut butter on top. Allow to melt slightly and swirl with the knife to coat the top of the cookie.
10. Place cookies in the fridge to allow the peanut butter to harden slightly.
11. Remove from fridge and enjoy!