Pepper Added by Joey - Minimal
1 tablespoon rice wine
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
5 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
Chicken breast cut into strips
2 tablespoons peanut oil
4 dried red chiles remove stems and cut in halves (or like I used about a tablespoon of flakes)
1/2-inch piece ginger grated
1 garlic, smashed
1 green onion, cut the white part into 1/2 -inch pieces, julienne the green parts
1/8 cup peanuts
2 tablespoons chicken stock plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed together to make slurry
1. In a dish prepare the marinade by combining the rice wine, peanut oil, soy sauce, salt and cornstarch. Stir in the chicken pieces and refrigerate for an hour.
2. In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
3. Over high heat, in a wok, bring the peanut oil to almost smoking temperature.
4. Stir-fry the chilies, ginger, garlic and white part of the green onions for 30 to 40 seconds, or until the chilies turn dark.
5. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes, until golden in color.
6. Add the sauce and bring to a boil. Add the peanuts.
7. Thicken with the slurry and continue to cook until glossy.
8. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with julienne green onions.