Pepper added by Joey - 3 shakes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup minced white onion
1/2 cup chopped zucchini
1/4 cup minced celery
4 teaspoons minced garlic
4 cups vegetable broth
1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
1 (15 ounce) can small white beans, drained
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomato (not drained)
1/2 cup carrot, julienne
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
3 cups hot water
4 cups fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup small shell pasta
1. Heat three tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
2. Saute onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent.
3. Add vegetable broth to pot, plus tomatoes, beans, carrot, hot water, and spices.
4. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the pasta for 3 minutes.
5. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add spinach leaves and pasta and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until desired consistency.