We had a day of patio furniture shopping planned so I decided to make us a nice breakfast before we headed out. Whew knew that that one decision would make the difference between us getting what we wanted and us having to go to 2 other stores to get it. I saw this recipe on The Way The Cookie Crumbles and through it looked interesting.
Pepper added by Joey - they are eggs, so alot.
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large button mushrooms, sliced thin
½ small red onion, sliced
3-4 cups of spinach, chopped very coarse
Salt and pepper to taste
6 potatoes, peeled and shredded
4 eggs, poached
1. Add olive oil to a non stick pan. Add in onions and mushrooms. Cook until onions are clear.
2. While onions and mushrooms are cooking shredded the potatoes and then wash and pat dry.
2. Add spinach to the mushroom/onion mixture and cook until slightly wilted.
3. Place mixture in an oven safe dish and into an oven on a low heat setting.
4. Add olive oil to the same non stick pan. Add the dry shredded potatoes.
5. Season with salt and pepper and allow to cook, turning occasionally to ensure golden brown.
6. While potatoes are cooking poach the eggs (I use an egg poacher).
7. Once eggs are cooked to your liking and potatoes are done remove the spinach from the oven.
8. Put a layer of the potatoes on a plate, then the spinach mixture, then an egg.