Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cherry Tomato, Basil & Mozzarella Pasta

I had this when I was in Vegas a few weeks ago. It was so good my colleague had to both times we went to the Italian restaurant in her hotel. I decided I had to remake it and I have to say it turned out really good. Joe said (with his mouth full of the yummy goodness) it is the best pasta dish I have ever made.

Pepper Added by Joey - A nice even layer over the top



Ingredients
20 cherry tomatoes, halved
Handful of basil, torn into smaller pieces
3/4 cup of small bite sized bits of real mozzarella
Pasta of your choice - I used spirals
3/4 cup 35% cream
Tablespoon margarine
1/2 jar pasta sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Bring a pot of water to boil and add the pasta.
2. In a non stick pan combine the cream, cherry tomatoes and margarine and start to bring to a boil.
3. Add the pasta sauce and stir until the sauce boils.
4. About 3-4 minutes before pasta is ready add the basil to the sauce.
5. Drain pasta and add to the sauce pan. Stir to combine.
6. Add the bits of mozzarella to the pasta, stir and serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that looks SOOO good! All my favorite ingredients together. YUM!

P.S. I tagged you - jesstyler.wordpress.com