I have had my eye on this recipe for awhile and finally decided to make it. I saw it on Rachel Ray and thought it was a simple way to spice up BBQ chicken. Her recipe doesn't call for the chicken to marinated at all but I decided to let it soak up the flavour for 3 hours. It really made the chicken moist and full of flavour.
Pepper Added by Joey - None
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup honey mustard
1/2 teaspoon allspice,
1/2 teaspoon curry powder,
1/2 teaspoon chinese 5 spice
5 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
Salt and pepper
1. Pour 2 tablespoons vegetable oil into a small saucepan over moderate heat.
2. Add red onions and saute 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Add vinegar and reduce by half, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add brown sugar and cook 1 minute to incorporate.
5. Whisk in broth and honey mustard, and spices. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to lowest setting.
6. Allow to cool slightly and pour over chicken. Allow to sit for 2-3 hours.
7. Heat grill and add chicken. Allow to cook until no longer pink, basting each time you turn the chicken.