Sunday, August 31, 2008

Egg Salad Sammies

Joe was working hard in the backyard so I thought I would be a good wifey and make him some lunch (this is code for it was to damn hot outside and nice and cold inside). He loves egg salad and it turns out it is about the only thing in our fridge!

Pepper Added by Joey - you know I have never noticed if he adds it to a sandwich that he does not make himself.

Ingredients
4 eggs
1 pin
Mayo
Mustard
1/8 cup onion
1/8 cup celery
1/8 cup green pepper
Salt
Pepper

1. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
2. Prick the fat end of the egg with a small pin. Add eggs to the pot.
3. Cook on high for 12 minutes.
4. Remove eggs from water and run under cold water.
5. Allow to cool completely (* I put them in the freezer to speed up the process).
6. Chop all the veggies while the eggs cool
7. Remove the shell from the eggs and chop into chunks. Add veggies, salt, pepper, mayo and mustard.
8. Stir together and then put back into the fridge to cool.
9. Assemble onto your favourite bread with mayo and spinach.

1 comment:

Cate said...

YUM. Egg salad sandwiches are one of my favorites. I like that you put green stuff on yours. I definitely need to try that, because they are a little boring when it's just egg salad.