Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Skillet Chicken

Joey went to the dentist today to try and get his root canal finished so I needed to make something for dinner that would be easier for him to eat. I was surprised when I first saw this recipe as it did not call for any pepper. NO PEPPER? Joey must be getting to me for me to find that odd. I bet he sits up at night while I sleep and talks about nothing but pepper to me in hopes that I will start to add more and more to my cooking.

Pepper Added by Joey - Enough to kill 3 Zombies


Ingredients
2 chicken breasts - no bone or skin
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 pouch of onion soup mix
1 can diced tomatoes
2 sliced mushrooms
1 minced glove of garlic
Salt
Pepper
Chicken or veggie stock

1. Add oil to skillet and heat over medium high heat
2. Add chicken to skillet and brown on both sides
3. Remove excess oil/fat is any once the chicken has browned
4. In a bowl mix together the soup mix, tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper and mushrooms
5. Add mix to the skillet and bring to a boil
6. Reduce head and place lid on skillet. Allow to cook for 40 minutes.
7. Check on it a few times and if it seems like there is not alot of liquid add a bit of chicken or veggie stock (I ended up adding probably 1/2 cup).
8. Serve over rice or egg noodles.

No comments: