Pepper Added by Joey - None on the bread
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/3 cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup corn
2 fresh red chilies, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
1. Grease a loaf pan and pre-heat the oven to 400F.
2. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl and then stir in cornmeal and salt.
3. Mix the eggs, buttermilk and oil in a second bowl.
4. Add to the dry ingredients and mix to make a smooth batter.
5. Stir in the corn, chiles and cilantro.
6. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to cool further.