Saturday, September 6, 2008

Cheese & Tomato Strata Muffins

Since my mom was coming over to help me can I thought I would make her breakfast. The recipe (source - homebasics summer 08) I had found called for ham but I don't like ham so I replaced it with tomatoes. Other things that I think would be good add-ins are bacon or broccoli.

Pepper added by Joey - I made special one's for him with extra pepper in them.


Ingredients
8 slices of whole-wheat sandwich bread
Cheddar cheese (enough for 4 sandwiches)
6 slices of tomato
1/4 cup margarine
6 eggs
1 cup of milk
Salt and pepper
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 green onion, finely chopped (I omitted this sine my mom doesn't like onions)

1. Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a muffin tin.
2. Lay out bread slices and place cheese on top of 4 of the bread pieces.
3. Add a slice and a half of tomato ontop of the cheese.
4. Place a piece of bread on top of each of the bottom pieces.
5. Spread margarine on the outside of the bread.
6. Using a serrated knife cut each sandwich into 12 cubes.
7. Lightly pack 4 cubes into each of the 12 muffin cups.
8. In a bowl mix together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper, mustard, onion and worcestershire sauce.
9. Spoon the egg mixture over the cubes and let stand for 10 minutes.
10. Bake for 30 minutes and then let stand for 15 minutes.

No comments: