Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Chicken Burgers 2 Ways

I was looking for something light tonight and came across this recipe from Closet Cooking. The only problem is that Joey does not like pineapple but I love it. I made one version with pineapple for myself and another with roasted red peppers for him.

I am in love with the taste of pineapple and chicken. Grilling the pineapple made it very sweet and it added something extra to the burger. Joey enjoyed the roasted red peppers and suggested that they would even be good on a beef burger.

Pepper added by Joey - None



Ingredients
2 chicken breasts
2 multigrain buns
1 tomato sliced
2 leafs of lettuce
Teriyaki sauce
1 round of pineapple
1 red pepper
Mayo

1. Marinate chicken breasts in teriyaki sauce for at least 2 hours.
2. Cut red pepper into large slices.
3. Cut pineapple into 1 large round. Remove core and rind.
4. BBQ the chicken, red pepper and pineapple. Turning once.
5. Prepare the buns with mayo, lettuce and tomatoes.
6. Add the chicken and pineapple to one bun, chicken and red pepper to the other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOOOVE roaste dred pepper on my sandwiches, but to put it on a chicken burger? GENIUS! Totally doing this!