Friday, September 26, 2008

Jerk Chicken Sandwich

I was browsing through my google reader looking for something spicy when I came across Angie's Jerk Chicken recipe. I decided to try the recipe as it is but to put it on a bun as a sandwich. We don't have a food processor (I know, I know) so I had to make this a bit differently and overall I was pleased with the way it turned out. It was not as spicy as we were looking for so next time we would add more hot peppers to it.

Pepper Added by Joey - he doesn't add any to sandwiches

Ingredients
3 chicken breasts
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 jalepeno pepper, de-seeded, de-veined and diced
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 garlic clove, minced

1. In a bowl mix all ingredients (but the chicken) until all incorporated.
2. Place chicken into the crockpot and pour the mixture overtop.
3. Set on high and cook for 3-4 hours.
4. Shred the chicken using 2 forks and place onto the buns (makes 3 sandwiches).
5. Add a dab of BBQ sauce to eat sandwich.

1 comment:

test it comm said...

This sandwich sounds tasty!