I have been holding onto this recipe from Krafts What's Cooking Magazine for awhile. Joey had commented on it a few months ago so I decided it would be a good option for his birthday cake.
It tasted like a boston cream donut. Need I say any more?
Pepper Added by Joey - He would not live to see his next birthday if he added any
2 round yellow cake layers
1 cup cold milk
1 package of vanilla instant pudding
1.5 cups thawed cool whip
2 squares semi-sweet chocolate
2 tablespoons butter
1.5 cups cups icing sugar
4 tablespoons cold milk
1. Use your favourite yellow cake recipe to make the 2 round layers. Allow to cool completely.
2. Trim up the cake to ensure that the tops and bottoms are level.
3. Beat together the cold milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in cool whip and let stand for 5 minutes to thicken.
5. Place bottom cake layer onto cake plate. Spread the pudding mixture ontop. Place top cake layer ontop of the pudding mixture.
6. Microwave the chocolate and butter on medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted.
7. Add icing sugar and cold milk. Mix well.
8. Spread over the top of the cake.
9. Refrigerate for at least an hour.