Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Russian Hunters Chicken Stew

My mom gave me this recipe years ago and I have used to make it all the time. For some reason I have not made it in awhile so I decided to try it out again to see what Joey would think of it.

Pepper added by Joey - None!



Ingredients
2 cans diced tomatos
4 chicken breasts
2 carrots - chopped
2 celery stalks - chopped
1 cup of chopped onion
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup peas
1 cup broccoli
teaspoon basil

1. Sautee chopped onion, celery and carrots until onions are clear
2. Add in diced tomatos and broccoli. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add chicken breasts and basil and continue to cook over medium heat for 30 minutes
4. Add corn and peas, stir and continue to cook for 15 minutes
5. Boil water and add egg noodles
6. Serve stew over the egg noodles

No comments: