I decided to give this a try after having wanted to for awhile. It was very tasty and full of flavour. The chicken turned out amazing.
Pepper added by Joey - None
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 slices of bacon, chopped
2 cups white mushrooms
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon minced shallot
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 1/2 cups Marsala wine
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Dredge in a flour/salt/pepper mixture.
3. Add to a large skillet with heated oil.
4. Cook until brown on both sides (3-4 minutes each side)
5. Remove chicken and place on an oven proof dish and put into the oven.
6. Reduce the heat to medium and cook bacon. Remove when crisp.
7. Add mushrooms and cook until brown.
8. Add shallots and garlic and sautee for 1 minute.
9. Add tomato paste and bacon. Stir for 1 minute.
10. Take skillet off of the heat and add the marsala wine.
11. Return to the heat and allow to cook until thickened.
12. Add lemon juice and chicken stock.
13. Scrape all brown bits off the bottom of the pan while stirring.
14. Add tablespoons of butter one at a time, stirring in between.
15. When chicken is fully cooked remove from oven, cut into slices and pour sauce overtop.