1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cans low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
3 cups peeled, cubed potato
2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
4 tablespoons fully cooked bacon pieces
4 teaspoons chopped green onions
1. Add chicken broth (reserve 1/3 cup for later), potatoes, broccoli and onion to a large pot.
2. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
3. Whisk together flour and the reserved 1/3 cup chicken broth. Add to pot.
4. Cook, stirring often for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in milk and cheese allowing to cook over medium heat until cheese melts.
6. Top each serving with bacon and green onion.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008