TIP - If you want them to be a bit more chewy only cook them for about 12 minutes. They will be really soft when you take them out of the oven but they will harden up a bit as they cool.
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup margarine
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2. In a large bowl, cream together the peanut butter, margarine, brown sugar and white sugar.
3. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
4. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; stir into the peanut butter mixture.
5. Form dough into walnut sized balls and place them 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Dip a fork into flour and criss cross each cookie to flatten slightly.
7. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until just lightly browned.
8. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.