1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3 ripe bananas mashed well
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease or flour a loaf pan.
3. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
4. In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. Lightly fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients until just combined and batter is thick and chunky.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Scrape batter into prepared pan and sprinkle the top of the bread with rown sugar.
7. Bake until bread has risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
8. Remove bread from pan when it has cooled.
Saturday, March 29, 2008