Saturday, July 5, 2008

Balsamic Chicken Sandwich

I had some leftover balsamic chicken and decided to make it into a sandwich. I had come across this recipe and thought that it looked interesting. Although I wasn't sure if Joey would like it because of the goats cheese. I had him taste a bit of the cheese first and to my surprise he didn't mind it at all.

Pepper added by Joey - I don't know if I have ever seen him add it to a sandwich...weird



Ingredients
Chicken breast from this recipe
Bread - I used a loaf of italian bread
Goats cheese
Basil
Red pepper
Vegetable oil
Salt and pepper

1. Cut a red pepper in half and talk all the seeds/membrane out.
2. Brush with vegetable oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Place on the BBQ and grill until soft and brown (turning once).
4. Remove from BBQ and set aside to cool slightly.
5. Cut bread into the size of sandwich that you want.
6. Spread goats cheese on the top of the bun.
7. Add a layer of fresh basil and then the roasted red pepper.
8. Pour some of the leftover sauce onto the bottom piece of the bread. If you are using leftover balsamic chicken then quickly mix up a small amount of the sauce following the directions in the balsamic chicken recipe.
9. Add the chicken to the bottom of the bread. Add the mushrooms on top of that.
10. Put the sandwich together and enjoy!

No comments: