We had some peppers to use up and since we were already BBQ some pork I thought we could throw some stuffed peppers on the grill. The only problem is that they kept falling over so I had to wrap them in some tinfoil. This kept them upright and the contents intact but it meant we didn't get that charbroiled look.
Pepper added by Joey - After he cut it open he added a tiny bit
2 tbsp olive oil
1/8 cup pine nuts
3 cups long grain rice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 bunch spring onions sliced thinly
1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
1/4 cup mozzarella , chopped
Handful each of parsley and basil , chopped
1. Heat the oil in a medium pan with a lid and fry the pine nuts until lightly toasted, then add the rice and fry until the grains are glossy.
2. Stir in the garlic, then add the stock (in place of the amount of water required in the directions for the rice)and bring to the boil.
3. Cover and cook according to the rice's directions.
4. Remove from the heat, cool slightly and stir in the spring onions, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, and fresh herbs. Season well and leave to cool.
5. Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds/membrane.
6. Spoon some filling into the pepper cavity, taking care not to overfill. Place the top back on the pepper.
7. Put onto the BBQ and cook until pepper skin is a soft and a nice brown (unless using the tinfoil method then cook until soft).