1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream together butter and sugars and then add in the eggs and vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, dissolve the baking soda in hot water and then add to the batter.
4. Add the flour in small amounts, continually mixing the batter. Add salt.
5. Add chocolate chips and finish mixing by hand.
6. Drop batter onto a greased cookie sheet in whatever size you want.
7. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes if you do them larger like I did. If you do them small then bake for about 10 minutes.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
On a whim I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies. But it was taking f.o.r.e.v.e.r because I made them so large. They were totally worth the wait. They are very soft but don't have the over powering butter taste that soft cookies can sometimes have. I found the recipe on allrecipes and will be keeping it as our standby recipe.